Jumbo Emergency Flint Fire Starter & Striker with Lanyard
It's bigger and better now. A fire starter is an essential tool for camping, hiking, hunting, emergencies or survival kits.
• Overall Length : 4-1/16"
• Flint Length : 2-13/16"
• Flint Diameter: 5/16"
• Metal Striker
• Plastic Handle
• Lanyard Included
• Great for Emergencies, Sparking Fires, Camping, Hiking Etc
How to Use the Fire Starter:
(1) Gather tinder: twigs, dead branches, dry bark, grass, pine needles, lint or paper
(2) Hold the magnesium rod at an angle above your tinder pile
(3) Use the striker to scrape along the length of the magnesium rod to create shavings
(4) Let the shavings fall into your tinder pile
(5) Keep scraping until you’ve scraped a pile of shavings amounting approximately to the size of a quarter coin
(5) Hold the flint at an angle over the pile of magnesium shavings, then slide your striker along the length of the flint forcefully to create sparks
(6) Continue to slide striker against the flint until the sparks you’ve created land directly onto the pile of magnesium shaving & tinder and ignite the fire
(7) Once ignited, blow gently on the magnesium shavings to spread flames to the rest of your tinder
Learn all there is to know about food storage, water storage, emergency preparation, and survival at www.7prepsteps.com
Note: Individual items are available in bulk pricing for group, institution, or corporate clients. Contact us here.